LIICT 2016, our sixth annual tour, is now set for Saturday, July 16. LIICT (Long Island Ice Cream Tour is open invitation to anyone who likes ice cream and a fun day of trying interesting fresh homemade flavors at local ice cream shops (or ice cream parlors, if your prefer the old-fashioned term).
Buy ice cream at every place (or just wherever you’d like), any flavor, any size. Whatever you want to try. Most places offer free samples. You can join the tour at anytime, and leave at any time.
*Wear a PURPLE shirt or outfit*
Preparation: Please eat a light and healthy breakfast (perhaps joining us at the secret early stop below). Expect to eat 5-8 single scoops of ice cream throughout the day. Lunch is optional. We may also have dinner. As much as we’d like to believe in technology, it’s best you bring some cash in case one or two of the ice cream parlours only take cash. SEE CHECKLIST AT BOTTOM.
** SECRET STOP: [8:30–9:30am] Star Confectionary, 4 East Main St, Riverhead – they serve breakfast AND ice cream!
[10:00am–10:40am] Snowflake Ice Cream Shoppe, 1148 W Main St, Riverhead, NY 11901
[11:15am–11:45am] McNulty Ice Cream Parlor, 153 N. Country Rd., Miller Place – *LIICT special deal – $2 for two scoops! or 20% off anything else!
[12:15pm–12:45pm] SubZero Patchogue Ice Cream & Yogurt, 73 North Ocean Ave., Patchogue – *LIICT special deal – free mix in!
[1:30pm–2:20pm] Northport Sweet Shop, 55 Main St., Northport
[2:40pm–3:20pm] Herrell’s Ice Cream, 46L Gerard St., Huntington – *LIICT special deal – 10% off anything!
[3:55pm–4:25pm] Krisch’s Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlour, 11 Central Ave., Massapequa
[4:55pm–5:40pm] Frozen Cow Ices and Cream, 300 Lido Blvd., Lido Beach
[5:45pm–6:20pm] Marvel Frozen Dairy, 258 Lido Blvd., Lido Beach – *LIICT special deal – $1/off!
[6:45pm–7:15pm] Five Pennies Creamery, 11 N. Park Ave., Rockville Centre
[7:20pm–7:50pm] International Delight Cafe Rockville Centre, 241 Sunrise Hwy #11, Rockville Centre
[8:00pm–9:00pm] Itgen’s Ice Cream Parlour, 211 Rockaway Ave., Valley Stream
EVENT TIMES SUBJECT TO CHANGE. In previous years, we’ve ended around 9:00 PM.
Please follow @liictour on Twitter for updates during the event.
Transport: There will be several cars driving to each location. If you’d like to carpool with anyone, then leave a comment below.
We hope to see you with your friends and family this weekend.
• Camera – We will have a camera crew and will be able to send you photos and videos after the event. If you do bring a camera, be sure to bring spare batteries and/or spare memory cards.
• Phone charger – You will likely be away from a power outlet for 8–12 hours. Bring a portable USB battery charger and/or a car charger.
• Sunscreen – Put some sunscreen on before leaving. It’s possible we will be out in the sun for several of the stops. We don’t want anyone getting burned out from a long adventure let alone getting your skin burnt.
• Money – Most ice cream shops will accept debit/credit cards. Some may accept Apple Pay. Some may only accept cash. Bring some cash, if possible.
• Transport Fuel – If you drive a car powered by petrol, then you may need to fill up once throughout the day. We recommend arriving with a full tank. We drive about 170 km (110 miles). The nearest Tesla Supercharger is 7 Aerial Way, Syosset, NY 11791.
Details also available from our site: http://liict.org/2016/05/23/liict-2016-date-set
Event on Facebook: https://facebook.com/events/1602179103376148
Event on Google+: https://plus.google.com/b/104952353969553190793/events/ch25keph5b2hhl6176tp8kuo244